Friday, December 14, 2012

Honey, they shrunk me!



Giant rose!



Ooh-la-la, kabongga-bongga! Saw a greenhouse with rows of this humongous red cabbage. For a minute  i thought i might have ingested some "drink me" potion that made me shrink like Alice in some kind of wonderland. 

Even with their  foliage riddled with holes, they still looked magnificent. I could boogie with delight!

I have a friend (we go all the way back to college) who is venturing into organic farming. Currently she is prepping her land, making it ready for planting. I expressed my desire to sink my hands in the dirt and work the land. It will do a lot of good for my sanity. I want to be a gardener. But 'til then i remain an acolyte.
“The master of the garden is the one who waters it, trims the branches, plants the seeds, and pulls the weeds. If you merely stroll through the garden, you are but an acolyte.” ― Vera NazarianThe Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
Organic Farm at Chateau Royale Resort