Thursday, April 18, 2013

Peace


"Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde

Whenever i go through an especially difficult time, when life presses down on me so hard, i remember loved ones who are now "resting in peace." Blessed are they who no longer fear, pine, nor can be disappointed and hurt. Theirs is the peace and serenity we wish we had consistently in our lives. No longer bothered, agitated, and stressed.

For our dear departed, all we can do is cherish the memories we shared, lives knit together by design and circumstance.

As we continue to strive in the days left to us, may we all have pockets of sunshine and the deep joy of knowing everything will be alright.


Do not stand at my grave and weep, 
I am not there - I do not sleep. 
I am the thousand winds that blow, 

I am the diamond glints in snow, 
I am the sunlight on ripened grain, 
I am the gentle autumn rain. 
As you awake with morning's hush 
I am the swift-up-flinging rush 
Of quiet birds in circling flight. 
Do not stand at my grave and cry, 
I am not there - I did not die.

~ Mary Elizabeth Frye