Friday, July 19, 2013

Giant Cup of Gladness


I love the metaphor of cups. It either has contents or not... full or empty. I  remember giving someone an empty clay cup as a gift. It was not really empty as i filled it with my best wishes for the receiver.


The Bible has these pleasant verses:
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 
- Psalm 23:5
Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.  
- Psalm 16:5

Apart from the positive, it also talks about the cup of wrath, a cup that holds scorn and derision.

Such is life. In our cup we taste both joy and sorrow.


Fancy the huge pot of flowers. It is a giant earthenware cup whose flowers runneth over. Copious, abundant, lavish. A giant cup of gladness.

To you who have journeyed through rough roads and tasted the bitter of life i wish you a bountiful harvest of deep and immeasurable joy, a gladness that will light your days as you continue to take a day at a time. I wish you a cup of gladness, a giant one.