Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I Spy



Snapped a photo of this sunshiny flower while doing grocery shopping. I do not know if I spotted it myself or it had some kind of strong magnetic pull that drew me near. I came to the conclusion that it is the latter as flowers --- any kind, but most specially those that stand out ---seem to call our names, beguile us, and leave us smitten.

There was a post doing the rounds of social media about a mother and her daughter who were pilfering sunflowers from the avenue of a Diliman campus. They parked their car and irreverently uprooted some and harvested broke off stalks from this year's batch. They were smitten, no doubt.  

Instead of stealing (yes, that's what it's called), they could have easily gone to a flower shop or grocery store. Or better yet, buy some seeds (as many packets as they want) and cast them all over their yard or bury them in some pots to enjoy their OWN sunflowers. Naman.