Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Rooted in Grace

Tree with flowering vine, Baguio City

Mutual Support 

~ Thich Nhat Hanh

You are me, and I am you.
Isn’t it obvious that we “inter-are”?
You cultivate the flower in yourself,
so that I will be beautiful.
I transform the garbage in myself,
so that you will not have to suffer.

I support you;
you support me.
I am in this world to offer you peace;
you are in this world to bring me joy.
Just got back from a few days visit to the place my father and most of my relatives call their hometown, the City of Pines. I get to visit this city every now and then because work brings me there. I thought that this time I got to enjoy the place (not the touristy spots) the way its residents do: soaking in the cold rainy weather, reveling in the misty fog, and just finding joy in whatever I set my sights on from the confines of my room.

Despite the ugly developments of the city, there is still so much to enjoy and fall in love with.

Especially the warmth of dear family and friends.