Monday, December 15, 2014

Neighborhood Delights


Our town is getting to be known not only for shoes but also for good food. In the last two years, a lot of small foodie joints have mushroomed and are continuing to sprout one after another. Good thing we do not have to grit our teeth and lose our patience in the worsening traffic situation just to enjoy such goodies.

But this is not only why I love my neighborhood. 

I love that when I take walks, I can still see trees, hear birds sing, and feast my eyes on wild flowers. In the photo above are dainty flowers that remind me of powder and lace. My son and I were off to some errand, on foot, and we passed by this overgrowth of grass from behind someone's wall. Much to his chagrin (neighbors might think we were up to no good) he snapped some photos like I asked him to. 

This photo reminds me that it does not take much to find joy.