Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Head, Heart, Hands


It is said that what we produce stems from our thoughts and our hearts. What we do reflects our passions --- or absence of it. One of my favorite painters is Georgia O'Keeffe. Her paintings are sensual, energy so dynamic, so intimate, so passionate. 
"She revolutionized the tradition of flower painting in the 1920s by making large-format paintings of enlarged blossoms, presenting them close up as if seen through a magnifying lens." - Wikipedia
Life flows through her head, her heart, her hands.





When i quiet down, my awareness is heightened. I can focus on the negative (my natural tendency), or the positive. What i look for is what i will find, indeed. That's why i must be intentional in feeding my mind only what is noble, true, good, right...And make these move my heart. A good friend taught me the principle of the mind-heart-body connection. Every little thing is conceived in the mind which reflects the posture of our hearts. What we practice (make, do with our hands) will mirror those stirrings.


A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi