Sunday, August 14, 2011

Van Gogh Sunday


Stayed away from his well-known sunflowers...

Here are his other flower paintings. 

And some of his quotes.




"As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed. "



"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together. "




"I am still far from being what I want to be, but with God's help I shall succeed. "





"I experience a period of frightening clarity in those moments when nature is so beautiful. I am no longer sure of myself, and the paintings appear as in a dream. "




"An artist needn't be a clergyman or a churchwarden, but he certainly must have a warm heart for his fellow men. "



"Conscience is a man's compass. "



"It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to, the feeling for the things themselves, for reality is more important than the feeling for pictures."