Monday, February 27, 2012

Serenity is a Choice



Here's a photo of lovely Taal Volcano. Taking it from what is actually its rim, i am mesmerized. There are just some sights that draw you over and over --- even if you had seen it a thousand times. What is so special is that this volcano is actually active and yet shows itself to be a source of peace and quiet especially at dusk. Of course, the place is abuzz with local tourists hanging out, not to mention a lady near me who was in the midst of some argument over her mobile phone. That didn't matter. I had my perfect little spot behind this burger and pizza joint. With something like this to behold, i was able to compartmentalize the noise and enjoy what was before me. I realize that i can choose what to focus on: the chatter of excitable college kids, the on-going stressed out conversation behind me, or this work of wonder right before my eyes.

Truly, in the midst of our day-to-day chaos, we can choose serenity.