Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Most Worthwhile Time



After realizing that i have been scrolling down at endless nonsense over my wall at a social media site --- i go into a self-imposed hiatus from it all --- even for a time. I know full well that when i spend so much time on my site i splurge mindlessly on information that does nothing for my well-being. I was discussing with my son the compulsion to put one's self out there, checking other people and their posts every so often almost in a trance-like state --- it being a new form of addiction. He assents.

And so with careful and deliberate extrication of my self from the clutches of those devices (yes, those things have claws) -- i chose to just sit silently. Quietly. Restfully. It was good to get in touch reflectively with things that truly matter. I feel restored to peace and calm. I am grateful.