Saturday, September 1, 2012

Golden Blessings

photo by Katg
I have these sunshiny cascades in my garden. I first saw such flowers in Casa San Pablo where we were having a workshop. They had hanging planters of the Golden Garland as accents in the garden and nearby sheds. The plants were so lush and healthy you'd think they were artificial --- i could not keep my eyes off them. Gold does that to  you. All because the owners are such green thumbs. This led me to bug my husband to ask the helper at the country inn if we could bring home some to plant. Good thing they had some young plants for sale. 

photo from pinoyexchange.com

Surfing through the net i found the above photograph -- a pathway with an overarching trellis of the Nong Nooch Vine as they call it in Thailand. I was blown away by the possibility of one day having to walk under such profuse golden showers. That would be a wonderful blessing indeed. Already, though i have yet to make my plants as lush as i would want them, its yellow petals have already attracted a couple of birds with a needle-like beak. They were sipping nectar as i was having my morning coffee. Such a pleasant surprise.

photo of hummingbird from Only Positive.Net

Now i'm not sure what the pair of birds were because i am only used to seeing the ubiquitous mayas in our area. But it sure looked like the hummingbird. Divine.