Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Edelweiss Send Off For Sec Jess

Edelweiss, Edelweiss

Every morning you greet me

Small and white, clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever.



Singing this song makes emotions flow through me. My mother sang this often to me when i was just starting my schooling. The Sound of Music will always be part of my wonder years. 

Edelweiss (German for noble and white, pronounced 'edelvice') flowers withstand extreme altitudes providing gentleness in harsh settings.

The song's popular tune came to be used as a benediction beginning in the 70's.



"May the Lord, mighty God,
Bless and keep you forever.
Grant you peace, perfect peace,
Courage in every endeavor.
Lift your eyes and see His face,
And His grace forever.
May the Lord, mighty God,
Bless and keep you forever."


Tender, so tender.  Listen.