Friday, October 21, 2011

Quilt-ridden


Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.


I feel that i am about to embark on a journey within --- see where it leads me. I have started on a new kind of fast to cleanse myself internally and spiritually. It is an attempt to do better, to emerge from self-imposed deprivations with a new take on life.

As of the moment, i still have to nail down a lot of stuff: my skewered thoughts, my lack of joie de vivre, and a lot of unnecessary baggage that has become too heavy to lug around. Almost like the show Hoarders. It is revolting to accumulate too much stuff thought of as important only to be buried in it. All the clutter sucks the life out.

So painstakingly, i will sort what goes, and what stays. I will see what pieces need to be put together, and what needs to be snipped off. Who says i can't reorder my life?