Sunday, April 8, 2012

Grounded



Presumably the throng of vacationers are back and ready to take on stretches of the day-to-day grind.  Hopefully those who have had the luxury of the much needed break bring home with them a renewed energy, a buoyant attitude, and a perspective that is grounded in goodness, truth, and love.

Like old boats who have seen better days, we must lay to rest the burdens, the worries, old and brittle mindsets from tossing and turning. And go sail on in days ahead with a hope that even better days await.

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity 
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; 
Enjoying one moment at a time; 
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it; 
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life 
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.