Saturday, February 23, 2013

Prom Season

It is Prom Season. On one of rare trips to the salon i had to wait in line for my stylist to give me a perm as she had a bevy of young ladies getting their face made up. With gowns in tow, their fussy and excited  mothers stand by to supervise the "look." These past days i have had sightings of young men in their coats and ties looking dapper and somewhat self-conscious.

High School for me was a good time. I know so because i can look back with fondness such as what my classmates and i did a while ago. There was no end to the stories and the laughter we shared, thanks to one of us who has sharp memory.

And i thought that i could not care less about the pompousness of the de riguer high school prom. I look back now and remember that indeed, those were good times.