Saturday, July 9, 2011

Grace & Gratitude


Today. It is not my birthday. I did not hit the jackpot. No special occasion or event -- yet i feel good, and special. I breathe easy. 

Last night i hit the road -- literally. In my excitement to go to the spa to retrieve my mobile phone which fell from my pocket, i ran to the cab and on the rough asphalt -- did a grand nose dive, scraping both my knees and my hands. It hurts up to now. Of course, my ego was also bruised because i had an audience -- a group of students walking by, the cab driver, and the hotel staff.

With all the scrapes i have --- my awareness of life is even more amplified. I could have been ran over were there had been an on-coming vehicle. I could not easily regain my bearings as i pinned down my own hands to protect my head. Some drama: i told my husband who was with me all the while that he could have lost me. I joke. But i truly get it that had not grace been supplied, it would have been the case.

Seemingly negative --- but positive.

Grace. Gratitude.