Friday, May 11, 2012

Children Are a Gift From the Lord




Mother's Day is this weekend. I do have my own self-doubts as to how i have mothered my children. I could have done better. Definitely so. The three are all grown up now and have charted their own lives -- which sometimes i wish i could somehow fix, re-arrange, or still be able to mold. But then again the time and opportunity to do just that has passed. The only consolation is that, just like me --- they are works in progress...in the process of becoming. I pray that they have been seeded with values to see them through.

And besides, they are on loan. Time with them is a grace from the Lord. While they still hang out with us -- is something to be cherished. Appreciation and gratitude goes to their Maker for having them pass this way.


Children are a gift from the LORD; 
they are a reward from him. 
Psalm 127:3 (NLT)