Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Likha Diwa




Just came back from this quaint cafe tucked in the not-so-visited site of UP Diliman in Quezon City. By chance alone...because my husband happened to have our car brakes repaired in the nearby motor shop and i didn't want to spend lunchtime waiting inside that sardine can-like place. This vegetarian cafe was just about a handful of steps away and it was just perfect. Well, almost --- for lack of airconditioning.

I dropped in and found myself second only to this other patron, a lady who seemed too engrossed filling up some pages of her journal. She didn't take long and i found the cafe all to myself. I took the place in, absorbed the quiet ambience. No music. Just me and my thoughts.

I sank into "likha diwa," as the cafe's name suggests ."Likha" means create while 'diwa" means spirit. It is a necessity for me to be in a space where i can just "be". This opens me up to a process of refreshing, a renewal of perspective, a going back to what is essential.